SUSTAINABLE FUTURE IN OXYGEN TIGHT AND COMPOSTABLE CAPSULES
- Our fresh-roasted coffees are specialty-graded, fairly traded, traceable to the farm/co-op level, and eco-friendly.
- We only use the highest quality green coffees that have unique characteristics determined by varietal, terroir, and climate.
- We utilise Terracaps® capsules in the production of our 36P Nespresso® compatible capsule making our total offering eco friendly and biodegradable.
- The the 36P biocapsule from Terracaps® is made of a bioplastic (Terrablend®), which is made of renewable raw materials.
- The technical additives are also biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
- Our capsule incorporates an oxygen barrier which offers significant advantages. This allows us to deliver fresh coffee capsules without additional outer packaging.
- At 36P we strive to be CO2 climate neutral in all parts of our business and through our supply chain.
- The capsule we utilise is certified by Climate Partners as CO2 climate neutral.
- At empty capsules are produced using energy generated from wind, sun, hydropower and biogas.
- Our coffee roastery is also CO2 climate neutral through the use of Solar power and planting of trees through our partner one tree planted.
- At 36P, we care deeply about the planet and creating a business that gives back to nature. That’s why we’re thrilled to share that we’re partnering with One Tree Planted/@onetreeplanted to plant a tree for every pack of 36P coffee sold online.
36P Nespresso® compatible capsules are fully Industrial Compostable. The outer capsule is certified by TÜV Austria/ Vincotte.
Composting can reduce the volume of organic waste quite significantly, while the compost produced can be used for agricultural and horticultural purposes. About 50% of all domestic waste comprises organic material, a percentage that is set to grow in the future owing to the growing popularity of biodegradable products (packaging material, disposable cutlery and plates, …).
Packaging or products featuring the OK compost INDUSTRIAL label are guaranteed as biodegradable in an industrial composting plant. This applies to all components, inks and additives. The sole reference point for the certification programme is the harmonised EN 13432: 2000 standard: in any event any product featuring the OK compost INDUSTRIAL logo complies with the requirements of the EU Packaging Directive ( 94/62/EEC).
Certified to Australian Standard AS 4736-2006
Biodegradable plastics suitable for composting and other microbial treatment